Saturday, January 12, 2013

Charlie & Arnold Martinez #4



In my first Highway Memorial post, I showed the memorial of Charlie Martinez.  I had forgotten, until this morning, that there is another memorial near Charlie’s.  It is this one, dedicated to Arnold Martinez.  Below I have a shot of the two of them together.

Note, the year and month, August 1987 is on both the memorials.  I took the photo July 6, 1986.  Either someone takes amazing care of the memorials, are, more likely to me, they were new in 1996 and were erected much nearer the date I took the photos, than the date on the memorials.  

If that is the case, I must assume the memorials are in memory of twin boys, Arnold and Charlie Martinez, aged 9 or 10 at the time they died here.

Be that as it may, as I look through the four of five photos I took at the site of their memorial, I recall hearing children’s laughter, blowing on the wind that was sweeping gently down the gully, where I stood.

If you have pictures and a story of a Highway Memorial you would like for me to post on this site, email me at the address on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments concerning Highway Memorials and I'm totally open to publishing your Highway Memorial and an account of it's history. Send the photo and info to the email address I've posted to the right of this post. Thanks, Bert