Friday, January 11, 2013

JoJo Bird - Highway Memorials #3

I never had the pleasure of meeting JoJo Bird, but I've felt like I've known her since I snapped this picture July 6, 1996.  

Thirteen days after JoJo died in the spot you see in the photo on the left, she turned 26.  Today she would be 43 years old, probably a mother, and maybe even a grandmother.  All of those possibilities ended October 29, 1994. 

Someone wanted me to know about JoJo so they built this memorial, and I'm glad.  For some reason I can see her twirling across a open room, her yellow full skirt swirling around her knees.

Do you Have a Highway Memorial you want to share.  Send it.  My email address is on the right of this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments concerning Highway Memorials and I'm totally open to publishing your Highway Memorial and an account of it's history. Send the photo and info to the email address I've posted to the right of this post. Thanks, Bert